WELP. I procrastinated a bit. I need some ideas.
hmm.
well.
I don't know.
I don't have many interesting stories.
I could write about my first concert ever, which happened to be Streetlight Manifesto, who happens to be like the best band ever. well one of the best. in my opinion, of course. they were pretty kickass. I happened to run into a couple friends there too. that day, I entered the doors of The Metro as a 17 year old loser. by the end of the night, I was a changed man. I was a 17 year old loser who lost a shoe in the pit. I felt so tired and so energetic at the same time. THE DESCRIPTIVENESS IS KEY HERE. I could go on and on. but, it could get a bit boring and cliche if I say things like "IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE." plus there's not much else to describe. it was a concert. zzzzzzzzzzz........
oh, I could also write about my first warped tour ever! that was pretty epic. I crowd surfed to some Hey Monday song (pretty punk rock, eh?). I was right in front of You Me At Six when they played too, that was pretty awesome. but yeah, this as an essay could get dulled down pretty quickly. I'll probably get too sad to write any more when I reach the part where Sum 41 totally cancelled their show and I had to miss Reel Big Fish. but we did stop at Culver's after the show. fries and ice cream never tasted so good. anywho. uh. yeah. that's...about it.
hmm. perhaps. I can write about some high school experiences. like freshman year when I was small and fast and was able to outrun the seniors who were throwing frozen batteries at kids. Whitney Young is supposed to be such a good school and those kids were brutal. or the first time I ever performed something in front of a crowd. my friend and I played a song. it was pretty bad but hey, we didn't get booed. senior year was pretty awesome too. my buddies and I covered a Rage Against The Machine song at an open mic thing at our school. we broke some microphones in the process, and then left. that was by far the most epic show I've been a part of. or I could talk about my philosophy class that completely flipped my mind over and turned me into some crazy person who constantly questions things, even my own existence at some points. like, after watching Inception, it made me think, like, what if life as I see it is just like that? where I exist alone, and everybody else just presents themselves subjectively, as an imagination of themselves, and everyone is simply my subconscious going to work and making up symbols. reading, if anything, definitely teaches about symbols. how certain motifs represent something underlying. and it brings me to the idea that life could just be a dream. because in dreams everything is a symbol for something. of course, the problem here would be loss of interest. these streams of conscious thought can interest me, but usually not anybody else.
oh well. I'll have to decide on something! where's that magic 8 ball......
No comments:
Post a Comment